Return to the Metro NY Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rooftop honeysuckle losing leaves

Posted by silvergirl426 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 3, 07 at 14:23

My honeysuckle, planted in a container on a NYC roof in full sun, has begun dropping leaves which have turned yellow and have some brown spots. Am I overwatering? UNderwatering? Overfeeding? Please help. The plant was healthy and appears to be sprouting new leaves.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rooftop honeysuckle losing leaves

my garden honeysuckle is doing poorly also in this moist heat... it is rather prone to powdery mildew. check for white fuzzy bits on the leaves. yellowing could be from disease or from any of the things you mention. i doubt it needs any feeding at this time of year - summer heat is dormant time for most plants. the sun could be too strong too - can you stick it in part shade and make sure it gets good air circulation. also prone to aphids so check for activity esp on the growing tips. a good neem spray could help with aphids or mildew.
chris

o
RE: rooftop honeysuckle losing leaves

yes.. you have some fungal thing going on.. I'mstill feeding mine.. and with therain... Ispray after every rain with a funguside... mildew asmentioned...blackspot.. and ahoast of others like the honeysuckle... andIstill get some...pic off the effected leaves.. and pick them upfrom underneath..spary.. the funguside will protect new leaves.. but won't cure or remove the fungus from the ones have been about with it.. also look for mites.. and aphids... I read this year there is an aphid that is called honeysuckle aphid.. and there I was thinking it had my regular ones like on the roses... but then maybe I do..
it will be fine in fulll sun.. and by all means feed it..like a bloombooster fertilizer with a high middle number.. Gordon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Metro NY Gardening Forum

Instructions

• You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
  • HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
  • No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here